Students develop academic skills at different rates resulting in various strengths and developmental gaps and weaknesses. These gaps are compounded when advanced instruction assumes basic skills to be in place. The TSP helps avoid compounding any gaps in learning by helping students strengthen academic skills in areas of growth.
Students in TSP are
- Most instructors for TSP courses are also the professors for the Essential Studies courses TSP students will move into in the spring. As such, they know exactly what skills students need to develop to be academically successful their first semester and beyond.
- Transitional Studies courses are taught by instructors who view education from the learner’s perspective and address the unique and individual needs of each learner.
- Instructors in these courses look beyond grade distribution curves and take early action when a student is not successful in the class.
Set to Succeed
- 80% of students in the TSP who complete their TSP courses at CSC with a grade of “C” or higher pass their next level of coursework with high marks.
Working Towards Their Goals
- At CSC, we are committed to providing the academic support students need while ensuring they receive college credit for their work. For most degrees, TSP classes will not add time or credit requirements to student requirements.