Chadron State College
Chadron State College

Available Funds

Federal Grants
Federal Work Study
Federal Direct Student Loans
Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loans
Assistance for Nebraska Residents
TRiO/Project Strive Program

Federal Grants

Federal grants are based on financial need and do not have to be repaid. You must submit the FAFSA to Chadron State to determine if you qualify. The types of federal grants that may be available are:

  • Federal Pell Grants
    Pell grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree. Eligibility is based on enrollment status, cost of attendance, and expected family contribution.
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)
    SEOGs are awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree who have exceptional financial need. Priority is given to students who receive Federal Pell Grants and are awarded on a first-come first-serve basis.

Work Study

Federal Work Study is awarded to undergraduate students based on financial need and availability of funds. When you submit the FAFSA to Chadron State you must indicate you are interested in Federal Work Study to be considered. 

This program provides job opportunities for you to earn money to help offset educational expenses for the academic year. These funds are limited and awarded on a first-come, first-served basis to students who submit FAFSA by the priority deadline.
A variety of positions are available:

Work Study Positions | Student Employment Information

Work Study permits and information regarding employment opportunities are emailed to your EagleMail account at the beginning of each term. It is important to know that a work-study award provides you with the potential to earn funds and is not a guarantee that the you will earn the entire amount awarded. You must accept the award, find a job, and work hours to earn the award.

Federal Direct Student Loans

Federal Direct Loan
The federally funded loan program includes both need-based and non-need-based loans available to undergraduate and graduate students. You must submit the FAFSA to Chadron State to determine if you qualify. Eligibility depends upon the student’s enrollment status, grade level, and prior borrowing.

  • Subsidized Direct Loans are need-based and interest free while the student is enrolled at least half time.
  • Unsubsidized Direct Loans are non-need-based and interest accrues while the student is enrolled in school.
  • Interest Rates for Federal Loans

Federal Aggregate Student Loan Limits

For most students the annual loan limits are applicable to a scheduled academic year which begins with the fall semester and ends with the summer session.

Information on Loan Repayment
All CSC Direct Loan borrowers who are graduating, leaving school, or dropping below half-time (6 credit hours) enrollment are required to complete Exit Loan Counseling. To complete Exit Counseling you must go online to You will need your FSA ID to complete this requirement.

Federal Parent PLUS Loans

This federally funded Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) is available for parents of dependent undergraduate students. Parents may borrow up to the total cost of attendance less financial aid. Proceeds are to be used for educational expenses. For more information on the parent loan process please click here.

Repayment begins within 60 days after the second disbursement is made. However, interest begins to accrue on the date the first disbursement is made. Minimum monthly payments are $50. The borrower may be allowed up to 10 years to repay the loan.

PLUS Loans are subject to credit approval. You will receive your credit decision via email.

Should your PLUS Loan be denied, here are your options:

  1. If applicable, you may appeal—this will be communicated to you in your denial letter.
  2. You may pursue an Endorser (co-signer)
    1. Your Endorser will need to log into using their own FSA ID and Password
    2. Your Endorser will click "Complete an Endorser Addendum" on the HOME page menu.
    3. You will need to provide your Endorser the Endorser Code or Award ID Number
  3. You can let your student know the loan was denied and the student can request consideration for additional unsubsidized loans. Students must request this in writing by emailing

Assistance for Nebraska Residents

  • Nebraska Opportunity Grant (NOG)
    This gift aid is awarded to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or professional degree, who are residents of Nebraska, and who demonstrate financial need as defined by state statutes. This grant is awarded on a first-come first-serve basis.
  • TeamMates Program Award
    The TeamMates Program Award is a waiver of one-half resident tuition for four years (up to 16 credit hours per semester up to a maximum of 128 hours toward an undergraduate degree). Recipients are identified by TeamMates and must meet TeamMates criteria including Nebraska residency, first-time freshmen, enrolled in at least 12 on-campus semester credit hours, in good academic standing with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA, and partnered with a TeamMates postsecondary mentor.