Chadron State College
Chadron State College

Frequently Asked Questions

What determines where I get to live?

The date of application, including $50 fee, is the primary consideration for honoring a student's building preference. Students may indicate preference of a residence hall and the desired type of room. The Housing Office staff assigns rooms. The preferences of each student in terms of roommate, residence hall, and room type is considered in the assignment. Students may request a specific student as a roommate. That student should also submit an application requesting you as their roommate preference.

What if I don't get the accommodations that I requested?

Should you not be assigned your first choice right away, you will be given the opportunity to change when space is available. You will receive your room assignment along with your roommate assignment based on the “when did did you complete your application” timeline.

What if I want to change my room or roommate?

You may request to change your assignment prior to the start of the semester by contacting the Housing Office at (308) 432-6466 or During the semester, a change may be made by contacting your Assistant Director.

Can I contract for a single room?

The number of single/private rooms may be limited and are assigned on a seniority basis at an additional cost. Should single rooms become available for incoming students, they will be assigned according to date of application and the student will be notified of the change.

What will my room look like?

Chadron State College residence hall rooms offer spacious rooms in a variety of dimensions. CSC rooms feature built-in closets, multiple drawers, window blinds, and a mirrored medicine cabinet. Optional furniture includes a twin extra-long (36x80”) size bed, a desk, and a study chair. We encourage you to add your personal effects to make it feel more like your home. For additional information on a specific residence hall visit the Residence Life page.

Can I connect my devices to the CSC network?

Of course! Our residence halls feature both Wi-Fi and are wired with internet access to the college mainframe with two Ethernet ports in each room. You will find more information regarding the device registration process on the Information Technology Wireless Access page.

What if I don't have a computer?

Computer labs are also available across campus. The High Rise lobby and Edna Work Hall feature 24-hour computer labs with printing capabilities.

What are the specific rules and regulations for the residence halls?

A complete copy of campus regulations including the residence hall regulations may be found in the Chadron State College Student Handbook. You can get a copy of this in the Office of the Vice President for Enrollment Management, Marketing, and Student Services located on the third floor of Crites Hall.

What should I bring for my room?

The Housing and Residence Life office can give you a few ideas, but always be sure to coordinate with your roommate and plan ahead so you know who is bringing which items! A few ideas include: bedding, rug or carpet, mattress cover, toiletries, posters, pictures, clothes hangers, cleaning supplies, bath linen, plants, or anything else to feel at home! Please browse the Housing Resources and Policies tabs to see prohibited items.

What about cable TV?

Televisions in the residence hall lounges, common areas, and kitchens offer cable TV service. Cable TV service is not provided to individual rooms in the residence halls. Cable in an individual room may be purchased by students and/or parents by contacting Great Plains Communications

Who else will be living on campus?

CSC provides accommodations to fit a variety of lifestyles, including non-traditional and graduate students! All freshmen are required to live on campus and have a meal plan for two semesters. Please review the CSC Independent Living Policy. Students seeking exception must fill out an "Off-Campus Application" form, available at the Housing Office, prior to the start of the semester. The application must be returned to the Housing Office for approval.

What about food?

Chadron State College has contracted with Aladdin, one of the nation’s leaders in campus dining to provide our campus food service. Aladdin staff will gladly work with students who have special dietary needs. To-go meals are also available for those with busy schedules. Snack and drink vending is contracted through Pepsi and is separate from the CSC meal plan. Vending machines are located throughout the residence halls as well as various buildings throughout campus.

Meal plans may be used during established hours in the Cafe and the Eagle Market, both of which are located in the Student Center. The Eagle To-Go is open daily from 8 p.m. – midnight in High Rise residence hall. Meal plans may be decreased through the first two weeks of the semester and may be increased at any time throughout the semester. Please contact the Housing Office with questions related to meal plans. All students living in the residence halls are required to have a meal plan. Students living off campus may also sign up for a meal plan by contacting the Housing Office.

How can I get more familiar with the CSC and the residence halls?

Registration and Orientation is designed to fit your busy schedule! It´s a great way to become familiar with the CSC campus and its services, virtually tour campus, and enroll in classes!

Specific information related to registration and orientation can be found by contacting the Admissions Office at 1-800-CHADRON.

How can I get more involved on campus?

Many opportunities are available for students to get involved at CSC. The residence halls are the best place to start! The Residence Life Association (RLA) is a good way to stand up and be heard. This organization sponsors many social and educational events not only for the residence halls but the entire campus!

Student Senate, Campus Activities Board, and intramural sports are other excellent avenues to engage and connect at CSC! Students are encouraged to explore current job opportunities.