- Call 911 (9-911 from campus phones)
- Emergency Room at Chadron Community Hospital
- Some reasons to call 911 or go to the ER
- Difficulty breathing
- Suspect alcohol poisoning/Overdose
- Severe pain
- Uncontrolled bleeding
- Chest pain/pressure
- Fainting/Passing out
- Severe injuries/Illnesses
- Severe allergic reaction
- High fever
- Severe vomiting
Unsure and after Clinic Nurse and Medical Clinic Hours?
Call the hospital at 308-432-5586 and ask to speak to a nurse.
ER or hospital stays are the financial responsibility of the student.
Medical Assistant for Health Services and Counseling Services
Crites Hall Room 344
Hours: Monday - Friday, 7:30-4:30
- Immunization Requirements and Compliance
- Follow up care with students from campus nurse
- Appointments for counseling
- Information about local health resources
- Management of required CSC immunization records and Health forms
- Hardcopies of immunization records are kept for 10 years after the last semester of enrollment. Immunizations are also entered into the Nebraska Immunization Database
- Students needing copies of immunization records from CSC Health Services are required to submit a signed request form: Download Request for Immunization Records
How to access care on campus:
See the Nurse on campus
Crites Hall Room 338, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to noon, when classes are in session
- Treatment of minor injuries and illness
- Common Lab tests — Strep, Urine, Pregnancy, Glucometer, Mono, Influenza testing
- Medical Equipment loan (crutches, ice/hot packs, wheelchair etc.)
- Referrals to local health resources such as Chadron Medical clinic, Chadron Community hospital and Western Community Health Resources
- There is no charge to see the Nurse on campus. Some common over the counter medications are available at no charge.
The campus nurse may refer students to Chadron medical clinic or Chadron Community Hospital for further evaluation by a physician, as needed. This may include labs, x rays and prescription care. Students and their insurances will be billed accordingly. Take your insurance card and your ID to your appointment. If you are under 19 years of age, your parents will be contacted.
Local Public Health Resources:
Chadron Medical Clinic/Chadron Community Hospital
825 Centennial Drive, Chadron, NE 69337
Phone: 308-432-4441 / 308-432-5586
Hours for Medical Clinic: Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Saturday, 8:30 a.m. to noon
Western Community Health Resources
300 Shelton Street, Chadron, NE 69337
- STD testing and treatment, Family Planning, Immunization Clinics, Prescription Assistance, WIC, HIV Testing and Counseling, Mental Health Support, Family Advocacy and many other services available.
Chadron CAPWN Dental Clinic
221 Chadron Avenue, Chadron, NE 69337
Hours: Tuesday–Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Chadron Public Transportation
125 Main St., Chadron, NE 69337
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Bus fare is on a donation basis
What should my student have?
- Copy of insurance information and ID
- Knowledge of medications and allergies
- Ample supply of prescription and knowledge on how to refill
Mission Statement for CSC Health Services:
The mission of CSC Health Services is to:
- Empower students to reach their educational goals by promoting the overall health of the students and campus to remove any health-related barriers.
- Provide accessible, student-centered, cost effective avenues for illness treatment that are caring and confidential.
- Prepare students to be their own health advocates and inform consumers of appropriate health care services.
- Educate students about prevention and risk reduction to promote life-long healthy choices.