CSC Online/Sakai may be used by faculty to send announcements to students, share course materials, collect assignments/assessments, or facilitate online discussions.
Virtual "live" class meetings or office hours may be scheduled using the Zoom video-conferencing application. Students can join a Zoom session using a computer, tablet, or even phone, simply by clicking on the link provided by the instructor.
Readiness Check for Working Remotely
- Do you have sufficient computer hardware to complete your normal and necessary coursework? If not, check with Information Technology to see if equipment might be available for checkout.
- Can you access the Internet? Do you have sufficient bandwidth off campus? If not, consider alternative locations for working remotely.
- Can you access essential applications?
- Do you have a webcam for video access to Zoom? If you don't have a webcam, consider purchasing one or commit to audio-only communications.
- Can you access other applications that you use regularly?
- Can you access your voicemail and receive messages?
- Do you have contact information for your instructors and other important campus offices?
- Are your home network and devices secure?
Information Technology Services Helpdesk
Chat with Technical Support:Click to chat
Other Educational Resources