Students develop intellectually at different rates resulting in various strengths and developmental gaps and weaknesses. These gaps are compounded when advanced instruction assumes basic skills to be in place. The Transitional Studies Program helps avoid compounding any gaps in learning by helping students strengthen academic skills in areas of growth.
Students in the Transitional Studies Program are
- Most instructors for Transitional Studies courses are also the professors for the Essential Studies courses TSP students will move into in the spring. As such, they know exactly what skills students need to develop to be academically successful their first semester and beyond.
- Transitional Studies courses are taught by instructors who view education from the learner’s perspective and address the unique and individual needs of each learner.
- Instructors in these courses look beyond grade distribution curves and seek out the reasons why even a single student is struggling to succeed.
Set to Succeed
- 80% of students in the Transitional Studies Program who complete their TSP courses at CSC with a grade of “C” or higher pass their next level of coursework with high marks.
- At CSC, we are committed to providing the academic support students need while ensuring they receive college credit for their work and our TSP students are persisting to graduation.