Information Technology Services
Set Up E-mail on a Mobile Device
Set up Office 365 email on an Android
- From the Applications menu, select Email. This application may be named Mail on some versions of Android.
- Type your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org, and your campus password, and then select Next.
- Select Exchange account. This option may be named Exchange ActiveSync or Corporate on some versions of Android.
- Enter the following account information and select Next.
- Domain\Username for example (email@example.com).
- Password Use the campus password that you use to access your account.
- Exchange Server Use the address of your Exchange server. If you’re connecting to your Office 365 email, use outlook.office365.com for your server name
- If a domain is needed enter csc.edu
Set up Office 365 email on an Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- If this is the first email account on your iPhone, tap Mail. Otherwise, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- You don’t need to type anything in the Domain box. Type the information requested in the Email, Username, (firstname.lastname@example.org, and your campus password, and then select Next.) You need to type your full email address in the Email and Username boxes (for example, email@example.com).
- Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your mail program will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Go to step 8 if your mail program finds your settings.
- If your iPhone can’t find your settings, you’ll need to manually. use outlook.office365.com for your server name.
- In the Server box, enter csc.edu, and then tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save.
Set up Office 365 ActiveSync on Windows Phone
- On Start, swipe left to the App list, select Settings, and then select email + accounts.
- Select add an account > Outlook.
- Enter your email address and password, (firstname.lastname@example.org, and your campus password, ) and then select Sign in. Windows Phone will try to set up your email account automatically. If setup completes successfully, skip to step 7.
- If your email account can't be set up automatically, you’ll see the message, “We couldn’t find your settings”. Select Advanced. You'll need to enter the following information:
- E-mail address this is your full email access, for example email@example.com.
- Password This is your campus password.
- User name this is your full email address, for example firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Domain csc.edu
- Server This is the name of your Exchange server outlook.office365.com for your server name.
- Select the Server requires encrypted (SSL) connection box.
- Select Sign in.
- Select OK if Exchange ActiveSync asks you to enforce policies or set a password.