E-Mail Page | Print Page
2009 - 2010
$4.40 per credit hour for all CSC students.
- Technology acquisitions should benefit the general student population.
- Funds should be allocated first to 'visible' improvements, such as maintaining and upgrading general lab hardware and software, network response time, and student assistance.
- Funds are not used to purchase specialized equipment or software.
- Funds may be used to fund non-student positions whose priority is student based technology support such as the general computer labs, residence hall network connections, help desk, etc.
- Fund is to be managed by the Technology Fee Committee.
- Be mindful of expenditure guidelines.
- Identify, introduce and prioritize needs, and recommend annual expenditures.
- Attend meetings, conducted in the Fall for Spring implementation planning and in the Spring for Summer implementation planning.
- Publish on the web and present to Student Senate and CSC Administration a report of the previous year’s expenditures.
2009-2010 Committee Members
- Student Representatives:
- Nick Brenning
- Ashley Maxon
- Bethany Seifert
- Jake Zitterkopf
- Faculty Representatives:
- Mr. Phil Cary
- Ms. Mary Donahue
- Ms. Lori Hunn
- Department of Information Technology Representative:
- Ms. Ann Burk, Director of IT & Chair
$275,000 Technology Fee revenue
- Provided the DS3 Internet connection
- Wireless access point purchase and installation in Residence Halls
- Computer Labs
- Provided paper and toner for the general computer labs
- Provided equipment repairs for the general computer labs
- Replaced computers and printers in Student Senate and CAB offices
- Replaced printer in the Tutoring Center lab
2009-10 Major Expenditures from non-Technology Fee funds benefiting the student body:
- On-going software contracts and maintenance : eCollege, Sakai, MyCSC, Student Information System, Housing System, On-line Credit Card Payments, Microsoft Campus Agreement, Library Automation, EZProxy access to library databases, Antivirus and AntiSpam licenses, SPSS, Help Desk Software, Traffic Shaper, EMAS recruiting software, EagleMail, ITV Course connections
- Wireless access point cabling in Residence Halls
- Wireless account point purchase and installation in Memorial Hall
- Door security system acquisition and implementation in residence halls
- Traffic shaper replacement
- Core switch upgrade
- General server maintenance and repairs
- Training and Travel expenses for implemenation of the new PeopleSoft student information system