Apply to CSC

START Office

Print Page

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Federal Financial Aid regulations require that financial aid recipients make satisfactory academic progress toward the completion of a degree. In order to be awarded and retain financial aid, recipients must comply with all of the Satisfactory Academic Policy requirements. Policy applies to fall, spring and summer terms. All financial aid recipients are notified (email and/or letter) at the end of every payment period of their financial aid status.

Graduate Policy

Other Policies

Financial Aid Withdraw Policy

Please refer to the Financial Aid Withdraw Policy for more information.

CSC Withdraw Policy

Please refer to the Changes of Registration and Withdrawal Policy for more information.

Transfer Students

Transfer students must meet CSC's Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) Standards prior to receiving financial aid with CSC. The school in which the student last attempted credit hours will be reviewed to determine financial aid status prior to being awarded financial aid with CSC. In addition, for maximum timeframe allowed to earn a degree, CSC includes all attempted credit hours undergraduate or graduate (depending on current pursued degree) reflected on all academic transcripts from all previously attended institutions.

Maximum Pell Grant Limits

Students' maximum lifetime edibility for Pell grant is 6 full time scheduled award years. Students attending part time may have more than 6 years of eligibility as far as time. However, over a lifetime, Pell grant eligibility will never exceed the total of 6 full time award years. For example: You have 1 year full time Pell but only use 1/2 the first year as you attended 1/2 in the fall and spring. You have used 1/2 of full Pell grant and therefore have 5 1/2 years of remaining eligibility.

Maximum Subsidized Loan Limits

First time Direct Loan borrowers are eligible up to 6 years of subsidized loan provided aggregate maximum of $23,000 is not met. Once students have exhausted maximum subsidized eligibility they may become eligible for unsubsidized loans.

Failing to Begin Attendance

No Show Policy

A "No Show" is defined as a student who has never begun attendance in a course in which they've enrolled. With respect to online classes, a "No Show" is a student who has never interacted in the course, or submitted an assignment. Accessing the course is NOT considered beginning attendance.

Students are not eligible for financial aid for courses which they do not attend. The Department of Education requires CSC to validate attendance/participation prior to disbursing any financial aid to students. Students failing to begin attendance in any of their courses will be reported by the course instructor as a No Show to CSC's Financial Aid Team. Students reported as a No Show will have a hold placed on their federal financial aid until financial aid eligibility is regained.

Options for regaining eligibility

  • The preferred option is to contact the instructor and arrange for the makeup of missed assignments, labs, and activities, and begin regular attendance in the course. Once these arrangements have been made, the student needs to make sure that the instructor reports the student's attendance to CSC's Financial Aid Team, so that the financial aid hold can be released.
  • The student can withdraw from the course(s), and have their financial aid adjusted accordingly.
  • The student can choose to do nothing, and suffer the consequences of F grade(s) on the transcript, along with a balance due on the student's account created by the required repayment of financial aid. DO NOT USE THIS OPTION. DO SOMETHING.


Copyright © Chadron State College. All Rights Reserved.
Member, Nebraska State College SystemEmployment OpportunitiesEqual Opportunity EmployerTitle IX Reporting/Resources
Accreditation InformationWebsite Feedback
1000 Main Street, Chadron, NE 69337 • 1-800-CHADRON