The General Studies requirements for Chadron State College are available on a separate page for easy reference. You may want to open the page in a new window or tab.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will demonstrate in writing and articulate verbally a basic understanding of the processes of politics and structure of government in the United States.
- Students will identify and evaluate key actors in the global environment, and analyze significant factors that contribute to national power.
- Students will demonstrate in writing an understanding of key historical ideas in political thought and articulate the influence those ideas have had on the evolution of political thought.
- Students will analyze and synthesize complex political relationships and schools of thought and articulate the results of their efforts in both written and verbal forms.
- Students will be able to elaborate upon, articulate, and actively demonstrate the basic knowledge and skills needed for responsible and active citizenship.
A student must complete the following program in addition to the General Studies requirements and a major in another discipline:
||American National Government
|American Political Thought
History of Political Thought
|Electives in Political Science*
|*GEOG 334, Political Geography, may be applied as an elective.