Chadron State College
Chadron State College

Career Options

Some of the many different career tracks for students of Political Science include:

  • working for the government in different capacities such as policy making, program administration, regional planning, city management, intelligence, foreign service and public service
  • researching politics as a consultant for a private firm, reporter for a newspaper and analyst for a think tank
  • teaching politics at a community college, which requires a master's degree, or at a university, which requires a PhD
  • advocating on behalf of various organizations, such as non-profit businesses, humanitarian organizations, political parties or corporations