Physical and Life Sciences
E-Mail Page | Print Page
The Vegetation and Flora of the Pine Ridge of Northwestern Nebraska, possible books on the natural history of the region:
- Bacteria in Aquatic Systems in Western Nebraska; Nitrates, etc. in ground water. The Chadron State College Water Quality Laboratory.
- Cytogenetics and Evolution of Certain Species of the Genus Bidens, Bidens in the Flora of Oklahoma.
- Taxonomy and Distribution of the Genus Triodanis (Venus’ Looking Glass: Campanulaceae) in the North-Central Plains States.
- The Great Plains Flora Association:
- A co-author of the Atlas of the Flora of the Great Plains (published in 1977).
- A contributor to the Flora of the Great Plains (1986) Containing information on the taxonomy of the Great Plains species of plants, plant communities, etc.
- Preparation of special projects such as a regional weed manual.
- Claude Barr’s book, Jewels of the Plains and subsequent research.
- The Vegetation and Flora of Chadron State Park.
- Penstemon haydenii, Blowout Penstemon, Nebraska’s only federally listed endangered plant species.
- Rare plants of Nebraska and the West-Central Great Plains.
- The Claude A. Barr Memorial Archive of the Chadron State College Herbarium.
- The George R. Morgan Memorial Archive of the Chadron State College Herbarium.
- The Bellamy Parks Jansen Archive of the Chadron State College Herbarium.
- Astragalus barrii Barneby, Barr’s Milkvetch.
- The badlands of the Oglala National Grasslands, Northwestern Nebraska.
- Medicinal Plants of the Great Plains.
- Flora of Blaine County, Nebraska.