Would you like to be involved in cutting edge biomedical research? Would you like to explore a potential career in research? The INBRE program may be right for you!
INBRE is open to all sophomores in the biology program. The program pays for students to be involved in NIH-sponsored research. Students work in labs at UNO, UNL, or Creighton University for 2 summer and at Chadron State during their junior and senior year.
- Sophomore or junior status with at least 2 more years of undergraduate education remaining
- Student of good standing in the biology program
- Interest in potentially pursuing a career in biomedical research
- 2 years of paid research experience (2 academic years + summers)
- Housing allowing for summer housing in Omaha or Lincoln
- Funding support during the academic year
- Opportunity to attend research seminars and field trips to biotechnology companies in Omaha and Lincoln
- Potential support for graduate school
- Opportunities to present research finding at local and national conferences
Applications are due Feb. 1st every year and can be accessed here and emailed or submitted to Dr. Ann Buchmann, firstname.lastname@example.org, 308-432-6055, MS room 112.
Institutional Development Award Program (IDeA) Networks of Biomedical Research Excellence (INBRE) is supported by a National Institutes of Health (NIH) grant. More information about the Nebraska INBRE program can be found here: http://unmc.edu/inbre/