Chadron State College’s mission has evolved from its heritage as a state normal school created primarily to prepare teachers to its present role as the only four-year college serving the western half of Nebraska. The State Board of Education selected Chadron as the site of a normal school in western Nebraska in 1910 and Nebraska State Normal School was founded in 1911. In 1921, the State Legislature changed the institution’s name to Chadron State Teacher’s College and again in 1964 to Chadron State College. It is one of three colleges in the Nebraska State College system. The other two colleges are Peru State College and Wayne State College.
The college is authorized by the Nebraska Legislature to offer undergraduate programs, master’s level programs, and the educational specialist program. Continuation and development of applied research and public services activities are additional legislatively-mandated priorities.
The graduate and undergraduate programs at Chadron State College are accredited by both the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and by the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools.
Copyright © Chadron State College. All Rights Reserved.
Member, Nebraska State College System • Employment Opportunities • Equal Opportunity Employer • Title IX Reporting/Resources
Accreditation Information • Website Feedback
1000 Main Street, Chadron, NE 69337 • 1-800-CHADRON