E-Mail Page | Print Page
Chadron State College Regulations Governing Graduation
Undergraduate Candidate Application: Please complete the application and return it to the Registrar’s Office.
Graduate Candidate Application: Contact the Graduate Office for the appropriate materials.
Spring Commencement (May) – November 15
Fall Commencement (December) – April 15
Summer Completion (No formal ceremony) – June 1
The required signatures must be on the application. A signature is required from the Financial Aid Office even if you did not receive aid and those who have received a federal student loan must do exit counseling prior to being cleared. A $20 graduation fee is to be paid to the Business Office after all signatures are attained.
Graduation Ceremony: Candidates are expected to take part in the commencement ceremony unless prior notification is given to the Registrar’s Office. A black academic cap and gown are required to be worn and the fee is the responsibility of the student. Commencement regalia are available through the EAGLE PRIDE BOOKSTORE. Diplomas are distributed at commencement. If there is a problem with your candidacy, your diploma will not be in the cover. Transcripts with degrees posted will be available approximately two weeks after graduation.
- Students must be enrolled in and successfully complete all courses required for the degree prior to the date of graduation. An official transcript from all schools previously attended must be received in the Registrar’s Office by the application deadline. If concurrently enrolled at another school, verification of enrollment must be received at the Registrar’s Office by the application deadline.
- All grades from correspondence courses must be received one week prior to graduation. Incomplete or in progress courses must be completed prior to graduation. Any transcripts from other colleges or incomplete grades from the final term must be received or graded within two weeks after graduation. If this does not occur, the degree will not be recorded until the following commencement date.
- Students may not claim the right to graduate under the provisions of a General Bulletin issued more than five years prior to the end of the semester in which they complete their work, unless they have been in military service or earned college credit at CSC during each calendar year since beginning the program of study.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.50 is required for a Bachelor of Science degree with education endorsements or minors. A 2.00 GPA is required for all other undergraduate degrees.
- A minimum resident attendance of thirty-six (36) weeks and completion of 30 semester hours of credit from Chadron State College is required.
- Twenty-four (24) of the last 30 semester hours of credit must be Chadron State College coursework.
- Minimum credit hour requirements:
Bachelors Degree – 125 hours - 45 upper division hours
Masters Degree – Bachelor’s Degree + 36 hours
2nd Bachelors Degree – 30 additional hours
- To be eligible for honors, students must have completed forty-five graded semester hours of CSC credit in their final semester. If your academic standing improves with the completion of the final semester grades the proper designation will be reflected on your transcript. Those attaining high grade point averages will be cited as follows:
3.90 – 4.00 Summa Cum Laude
3.75 – 3.89 Magna Cum Laude
3.60 – 3.74 Cum Laude
Graduate students and students receiving a second Bachelor’s Degree are not eligible for honors recognition.