Chadron State College has been ranked a top college in Nebraska for return on investment by AffordableCollegesonline.org.
The report, “AC Online: Highest Return on Investment Colleges in Nebraska," identifies the top 11 colleges in Nebraska for ROI. Students who graduate from these colleges earn more over their lifetimes, on average, than graduates from other Nebraska institutions.
CSC ranked 9th and the rankings can be seen at: affordablecollegesonline.org/online-colleges/nebraska.
“These are important lists for prospective students to consider. We’ve sifted through comprehensive data sources to find colleges and universities in Nebraska that offer a high quality education with consistent, long-term payoffs in the workplace,” said AC Online founder Dan Schuessler.
AC Online developed the following criteria for consideration as a “High ROI College”:
• Fully accredited institution
• Either public or private
• Four-year, degree-granting institution
• ROI according to PayScale’s 2013 College Value Report - 30-year net return on investment
AC Online compiled a list of schools meeting these criteria by using the following highly respected, authoritative data sets:
• NCES - the primary federal entity for collecting and analyzing data related to education. It provides consistent, reliable, complete, and accurate indicators of education status and trends.
• IPEDS - the primary federal source for data on colleges, universities, and technical and vocational postsecondary schools in the U.S.
• Carnegie Classification - a framework widely used in the study of higher education, both as a way to represent and control for institutional differences, and also in the design of research studies to ensure adequate representation of sampled institutions, students, or faculty.
• Payscale.com - the premier salary data collection organization.
“We aim to educate so that potential students are aware of their options for obtaining a degree and, most importantly, for paying for one,” says Schuessler.