Ann Burk, Chadron State College chief information officer, announced this week that CSC’s Office 365 consulting firm, Cloudbearing, kicked off the implementation project last week.
A project management site has been established for collaboration between the Information Technology staff and the Cloudbearing consultants, according to Burk.
This site provides an effective location for technical communication and task management. Currently, 104 tasks have been identified, Burk said.
“We are in the pre-requisite stage with IT staff focusing on providing detailed Outlook Exchange environment documentation, establishing consultant access to the CSC environment, and configuring required services such as setting up authentication servers and network load balancers,” Burk said.
She said a total of 50 faculty/staff members are needed to participate in the pilot e-mail migration to Office 365 and 10 have signed up over the past two days. Ten IT staff will be also be participating, so 30 more volunteers are needed.
Participants must meet the following requirements:
• working on campus this summer
• have time to be active in the process
• willing to accept some downtime during mailbox moves to Office 365
• willing to test Office 365 and provide feedback to IT
• willing to learn the new system, champion Office 365, and train and provide assistance to your colleagues
• have access e-mail from CSC desktop or laptop computer connected to the campus network (using Outlook)
• willing to upgrade to and learn Office 2013 (IT will verify the version and provide the upgrade)
• all the participant’s contacts with shared Outlook calendars must also be a member of the pilot group
Burk is requesting that CSC faculty and staff willing to participate in the pilot, discuss the opportunity with their supervisor and respond to her directly via e-mail by June 28.
Burk said that campus updates will be provided as the project proceeds. Background about the project was recently announced and the May 30 news story can be found online by clicking on “News” on the CSC homepage.
Copyright © Chadron State College. All Rights Reserved.
Member, Nebraska State College System • Employment Opportunities • Equal Opportunity Employer • Accreditation Information • Website Feedback
1000 Main Street, Chadron, NE 69337 • 1-800-CHADRON