Chadron State College
Chadron State College

Official Transcripts

Applicant must demonstrate a minimum cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0

Transfer credit from a U.S.-based college or university

  • Applicant must provide official and original transcripts for all institutions attended, whether or not the applicant completed a degree.
  • Transcripts for applicants who have earned an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution must clearly indicate degree was completed.
  • Transcripts must be sent to CSC directly from issuing institutions or from the applicant in a pre-sealed envelope. Transcripts must include grades for all coursework taken (no in-progress classes).
  • A high school transcript is not required for applicants with a verified associate’s or bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution.
  • Applicants who earned credits from U.S. colleges or universities, but did not complete a degree, may be required (at CSC’s discretion) to provide an official high school transcript in addition to providing the college or university transcripts.

Transfer credit from colleges or universities outside of the United States

  • CSC recognizes only transfer credit or degrees from institutions recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or by the Ministry of Education (or comparable national government agency for higher education) in the country where the institution is located.
  • Applicant must provide certified English-translated transcripts that have been evaluated by a CSC-approved independent credential evaulation service.
  • Completed transcripts (not in-progress and includes grades for all coursework taken) for undergraduate coursework must be sent to the evaluation agency directly from the issuing institution.
    • Transcripts must be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
    • Transcripts must be sent directly to CSC by the evaluation service.
    • Transcripts from an institution with whom CSC has a formal transfer articulation agreement must be in English, but do not require independent evaluation if the transfer courses correlate with the courses specified in the transfer agreement.
    • Transcripts from Canadian institutions recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada will be considered on the same basis as those from regionally accredited U.S. institutions and do not require independent evaluation.
    • Applicants who earned credits from non-U.S. higher education institutions, but did not earn the equivalent of a regionally accredited U.S. associate’s or bachelor’s degree, may be required (at CSC’s discretion) to provide an official high school transcript.
  • Chadron State College will accept transcript evaluations from most (but not all) organizations recognized by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) or the Association of International Credential Evaluators. Inc. (AICE). Typically, these services will require transcripts to be sent from the foreign educational institution directly to them. They also may require certified English translations of documents. A fee from the student is required for evaluating of credentials. Fee payment and all contact regarding this process is the applicant’s responsibility.
    • If you want to use another evaluation services, please contact first to ensure we will accept evaluations from that company.
    • If CSC receives transcripts from a service that do not meet CSC's standards, CSC reserves the right to delay or deny admission until CSC receives an acceptable transcript evaluation.

Chadron State College recommends the following two evaluation services.

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-6311
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6311

Foundation for International Services, Inc.
505 5th Avenue South, Suite 101
Edmonds, WA 98020-3585
Phone: (425) 248-2255
Fax: (425) 248-2262

Please instruct the evaluating organization to send completed credentials to:

Chadron State College
Office of International Education
Crites Hall 218
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337, USA