Applicants to a CSC graduate (master's) degree program must have earned an undergraduate (bachelor's) degree equivalent to a 4-year (120 credit hour), regionally-accredited U.S. undergraduate degree. Applicants must provide complete transcripts of their undergraduate degree as follows:
Undergraduate degree earned at a U.S.-based college or university
- Transcripts for applicants who have earned undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution must clearly indicate full name of the degree that was completed.
- Transcripts must be official and sent to CSC directly from the issuing institution or from the applicant in a pre-sealed envelope. Transcripts must include grades for all coursework taken (no in-progress classes).
Undergraduate degree was earned from a college or university outside of the United States
- CSC only recognizes degrees from institutions recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or by the Ministry of Education (or comparable national government agency for higher education) in the country where the institution is located.
- Applicant must provide certified English-translated transcripts that have been evaluated by a CSC-approved, independent credential evaluation service approved by CSC.
- Completed transcripts (not in-progress and includes grades for all coursework taken) for undergraduate degree must be sent to the evaluation agency directly from the issuing institution.
- Transcripts must be sent directly to CSC by the evaluation service.
- Evaluation only needs to verify that a bachelor’s degree equivalent to a 4-year American bachelor’s degree was completed with a minimum of a 2.75 GPA on a 4.0 scale. A courses-by-course evaluation is not required.
- Transcripts from Canadian institutions recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada will be considered on the same basis as those from regionally accredited U.S. institutions and do not require evaluation
Chadron State College recommends the following two evaluation services.
World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-6311
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6311
Foundation for International Services, Inc.
505 5th Avenue South, Suite 101
Edmonds, WA 98020-3585
Phone: (425) 248-2255
Fax: (425) 248-2262
Please instruct the evaluating organization to send completed credentials to:
Chadron State College
Office of International Education
Crites Hall 218
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337, USA