Apply to CSC

International Students

E-Mail Page | Print Page

Official Transcripts

  • Applicants who have graduated from an American high school and are applying as entering freshman need only to have the school send a sealed official copy of their transcript indicating the final cumulative grade point average and confirmation of graduation.
  • Applicants who have graduated from a high school outside the United States and are applying as entering freshman must provide an official English transcript translation confirming the applicant has successfully completed all requirements equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. Final translated transcripts must be accompanied by an official transcript in the student’s native language.
    • Except as described below, high school transcripts for entering freshman applicants do not need to be officially evaluated by an independent evaluation service. Exceptions include,
      • When CSC cannot make a determination that the diploma is generally equivalent to a U.S. high school-level diploma.
      • When CSC cannot accurately determine the authenticity of the transcript.
      • When student is applying for an International Tuition Waiver. (GPA must be verified)
  • Applicants who wish to transfer credit from another U.S.-based college or university need to have the institution send a sealed official copy of the complete transcript. Students who have attended more than one U.S. institution must submit transcripts for all institutions attended.

    Applicants who have earned an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. institution, or have evaluated documents indicating they have earned the equivalent of an associate’s or bachelor’s degree from regionally accredited U.S. institution, do not need to provide an official high school transcript. Applicants must provide an official transcript from the regionally accredited U.S. institution verifying they have earned an associate or bachelor’s degree.

    Applicants who attended U.S. colleges or universities, but did not complete a degree, in addition to providing the college or university transcripts, may also be required to provide an official high school transcript.
  • Applicants who want to transfer credit from colleges or universities outside of the United States are required to submit official transcripts, translated into English by a foreign credentials evaluation service, from all colleges or universities attended. In addition to being translated into English, transcripts must be professionally evaluated on a course-by-course basis by a CSC-approved foreign credential evaluation service. All translated credentials must be sent directly to CSC by the evaluation service or submitted in a sealed envelope.

    Transcripts from Canadian institutions recognized by the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada will be considered on the same basis as those from regionally accredited U.S. institutions. All others must be evaluated. Applicants who have earned credits from a non-U.S. higher education institution, but who did not earn the equivalent of a regionally accredited U.S. associate’s or bachelor’s degree may be required to provide an official high school transcript.

Chadron State College recommends two evaluation services for evaluating transcripts. Translations from official government education agencies are also accepted. Typically, these services will require that transcripts be sent from the foreign educational institution directly to them. They may require certified English translations of documents. A fee from the student is required for evaluating of credentials. Fee payment and all contact regarding this process is the applicant’s responsibility.

  • If you want to use another evaluation service, please check with us to ensure we will accept evaluations from that company.
  • If CSC receives transcripts from a service that do not meet CSC’s standards, CSC reserves the right to require students to get their transcripts re-evaluated by a CSC chosen evaluation service.

Acceptable evaluation services include:

World Education Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 5087, Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-6311
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6311

Foundation for International Services, Inc.
505 5th Avenue South, Suite 101
Edmonds, WA 98020-3585
Phone: (425) 248-2255
Fax: (425) 248-2262

Spantran Evaluation Services
Houston - Main Office
2400 Augusta Drive, Suite 451
Houston, Texas 77057
Phone: 713-266-8805
Fax: 713-789-6022

Please instruct the evaluating organization to send completed credentials to:

Office of International Education
Chadron State College
1000 Main Street
Crites Hall
Chadron, NE 69337, USA

Copyright © Chadron State College. All Rights Reserved.
Member, Nebraska State College SystemCSC is an equal opportunity employerAccreditation InformationWebsite Feedback
1000 Main Street, Chadron, NE 69337 • 1-800-CHADRON