Chadron State College
Chadron State College

Providing Financial Information

To obtain a Certificate of Eligibility (I-20) from Chadron State College (CSC) and an F-1 visa from the United States, non-U.S. citizens and non-permanent residents are required by law to certify that they have sufficient financial resources to pay for their education and related expenses. Specifically, students must show that they have sufficient liquid funds for their first year of study and living expenses at CSC and that adequate funding will be available for all subsequent years through completion of their program.

All applicants must complete, sign and submit the CSC Financial Declaration and Certification form. The form must be accompanied by proof of financial support in the form of an official bank letter signed by a bank official. (Sample Bank Letter) The CSC Financial Declaration and Certification Statement form must be accurately and fully completed with all required signatures. Please find below two examples of a completed CSC Financial Declaration and Certification form.

If the applicant is being partially or fully funded with personal funds, parent’s funds, or a sponsor’s funds, he/she must submit an official and original bank letter that includes: confirmation that the account holder has a specific dollar amount of funds immediately available on deposit with currency specified; the name and address of the bank; the date the letter was drafted; and the name, signature and title of the bank official certifying the funds. Vague statements such as "six-figure funds available" or "sufficient funds available" are not considered specific or sufficient.

The bank letter must be ORIGINAL, in English, and not more than 30 days old at the time of application. Bank letter must have the official bank seal, stamp, or notarization in a color other than black. Bank letter must be mailed to CSC’s physical address. Photocopies and faxes are not accepted. These documents cannot be returned.

Applicants being funded, in whole or in part, by a family or private third party sponsor must provide the sponsor’s financial support information required on the Financial Declaration and Certification form.

Applicants being funded by their government or an agency must include an original or certified copy in English of their award letter detailing which expenses will be provide by their government or agency sponsor.

All materials should be submitted by mail to:

Chadron State College
Office of International Education
Crites Hall 218
1000 Main Street
Chadron, NE 69337, USA