CSC offers a one-credit, fully online Human Relations training course for students seeking a substitute teaching permit in Nebraska.*
The course is offered in a 4-week format starting in May, June and July and an 8-week format starting August, October, January and March. There is no textbook required for this course. Courses fill quickly, so you are encouraged to apply and enroll early!
*For information on the Nebraska requirements to obtain this permit, visit: https://www.education.ne.gov/tcert/
How to Apply
- Visit csc.edu/admissions/apply.csc
- Click the "Non-Degree Seeking" application
- NUID & Password
- If you already have an NUID and Password, use those credentials to log into the application.
- If you do not, click "Create NUID"
- Once you have your NUID and Password created, log into the application using those credentials
- Once you are in the application you will be asked if you are applying as a Graduate or Undergraduate -- EDUC 271 is an undergraduate course so you must apply as an Undergraduate within the application.
- If you apply incorrectly (as a graduate student), you will be asked to re-apply.
- Allow 24-48 hours for your application to be processed.
How to Enroll
Once your application is processed (please allow 24-48 hours), you will receive an email with your next steps to enroll which will direct you to do the following:
- Log into your MyCSC account (using your NUID and Password)
- Go to your To Dos (left-menu)
- Look for the "Ready to Register" form
- Click the link in the description and complete the form. We will use the information you provide to assist you with enrollment.
How to Order Transcripts
- Verify your final grade has been recorded under the "Academics" tab of your MyCSC account.
- Under the "Academics" tab of your MyCSC account, you can then order your transcript by clicking "Official Transcript Request" from the left-menu.
There is a $5.00 fee for each transcript. If you request a mailed transcript, there will be additional processing charges. Once an official transcript has been processed, it cannot be canceled or refunded. For further details regarding transcript requests, visit csc.edu/registrar/transcripts.csc
Questions? Contact the START Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 308-432-6061.