Chadron State College
Chadron State College

Human Relations Training: EDUC 271

CSC offers a one-credit, fully online Human Relations training course for students seeking a substitute teaching permit in Nebraska.*

Course Information

The course is offered in a 4-week format starting in May, June and July and an 8-week format starting August, October, January and March. There is no textbook required for this course. Courses fill quickly, so you are encouraged to apply and enroll early!

*For information on the Nebraska requirements to obtain this permit, visit:

How to Apply

  1. Visit
  2. Click the "Non-Degree Seeking" application
  3. NUID & Password
    • If you already have an NUID and Password, use those credentials to log into the application.
    • If you do not, click "Create NUID"
      • Once you have your NUID and Password created, log into the application using those credentials
    • Once you are in the application you will be asked if you are applying as a Graduate or Undergraduate -- EDUC 271 is an undergraduate course so you must apply as an Undergraduate within the application.
      • If you apply incorrectly (as a graduate student), you will be asked to re-apply.
  5. Allow 24-48 hours for your application to be processed.

How to Enroll

Once your application is processed (please allow 24-48 hours), you will receive an email with your next steps to enroll which will direct you to do the following:
  1. Log into your MyCSC account (using your NUID and Password)
  2. Go to your To Dos (left-menu)
  3. Look for the "Ready to Register" form
  4. Click the link in the description and complete the form. We will use the information you provide to assist you with enrollment.

How to Order Transcripts

  1. Verify your final grade has been recorded under the "Academics" tab of your MyCSC account.
  2. Under the "Academics" tab of your MyCSC account, you can then order your transcript by clicking "Official Transcript Request" from the left-menu.
There is a $5.00 fee for each transcript. If you request a mailed transcript, there will be additional processing charges. Once an official transcript has been processed, it cannot be canceled or refunded. For further details regarding transcript requests, visit


Questions? Contact the START Office at or 308-432-6061.