Prior Learning Credit
- COLG 131 Portfolio Development is graded as PASS/FAIL. Grading for COLG 131 is independent of grading for subsequent portfolio submissions.
- Completed portfolios are submitted to a faculty reviewer who makes a recommendation about whether the student has demonstrated college-level learning consistent with that of corresponding CSC courses. If the portfolio(s) is/are approved, credit is assigned to the corresponding CSC course(s) on the students transcripts. Letter grades are not assigned to portfolios.
- Payment for each portfolio submitted is required at the time of submission and is not refundable if the portfolio is denied for credit.
- Payment and submission of the portfolio is made through the PLC administrator in the Extended Campus Programs Office.
- Individual departments determine which individual courses a student can challenge by portfolio. Some courses are not eligible.
- Portfolios that have been denied for credit are not eligible for re-submission.
- Credit earned through portfolio submission is limited to a maximum of 18 credit hours. Credit earned through all experiential learning venues (prior learning credit, internship, course challenge, and College Level Examination Program (CLEP) is limited to a maximum total of 42 credit hours. The one credit for COLG131, the portfolio course, does not count toward either of these maximum limits.
- Policies may change without prior notice. Other policies may apply.