College Level Examination
E-Mail Page | Print Page
- If the minimum score set for each individual CLEP exam is met, credit will be awarded for the course covered by the exam. CLEP credit signifies that the student need not take the specified course and the student transcript will reflect the CLEP credit, provided all other requirements as set forth by Chadron State College are met.
- In order to receive credit from Chadron State College, CLEP exams must be taken before the student has taken any college level courses in the area in which credit is being sought.
- All CLEP exams are administered by computer.
- Each exam is approximately 90 minutes in length.
- CLEP exams may be taken at any designated testing center and the results forwarded to Chadron State College or any other college student's choice.
- Each institution determines its own policy regarding which CLEP exams it will accept for credit, the minimum score required and the amount of credit it will award. Therefore, each particular college CLEP testing office should be contacted for information prior to testing.
- CSC accepts CLEP credit toward degree completion.
- Students must be enrolled at CSC to receive CSC credit for CLEP.
- A maximum of 18 hours of CLEP credit may be applied to a degree. All CLEP credit hours contribute to a maximum of 42 hours of experiential learning credit.
- Other policies may apply. Contact the Extended Campus Programs office for more information.