E-Mail Page | Print Page
- Generally, you must be junior or senior status (semester-based programs). Second semester sophomores will be considered based on academic strength and appropriate maturity, but only when considered eligible by the program provider or CSC faculty director (short-term programs).
- Generally, you must have a minimum GPA of 2.5 to participate in any study abroad experience. Some program providers (semester-based programs) may require higher a GPA. Faculty directors of short term experiences may establish other GPA minimums.
- You are not eligible if you are currently on academic or disciplinary probation or suspension.
- If you were formerly on academic or disciplinary probation or suspension you will be considered based on recommendations from the Faculty Advisor, the Dean of Students and the Vice President(s) of Academic and Student Affairs.
- CSC will adhere to program provider eligibility requirements (foreign language requirements, course pre-requisites, GPA, class standing, disciplinary record).
- The CSC Study Abroad Office is required to make a recommendation to the program provider (semester-based programs) to accept students whom the College determines to be eligible. The program provider (semester-based programs) or the faculty director (short term programs) has the final determination of student acceptability into their programs.
- After acceptance into a program, students must continue to maintain satisfactory academic and disciplinary status to retain their eligibility to study abroad.
- Other policies may apply.
- CSC will accept all credit hours earned through approved program providers (semester-based programs).
- Proper credit transfer for semester-based programs is assured only if, prior to departure, the student has a completed Credit Transfer Agreement approved by both the Registrar and student’s faculty advisor specifying which courses will transfer and how they will be applied.
- Courses taken as part of you semester abroad may transfer back to fulfill major, general education, or core requirements. The student’s advisor and the CSC Registrar have final authority for determining how courses will apply to student’s plan of study.
- Courses taken as part of third party semester-based programs will appear on student’s transcript as transfer credit. Students will receive credit for all courses taken based on the Credit Transfer Agreement signed before the student’s departure.
- Studying abroad for the semester prior to graduation does not necessarily delay graduating on time. Students interested in studying abroad during their last semester at CSC should meet with the Registrar prior to enrolling in semester-based study abroad. Students must file an application for graduation, and make sure that they will have met all graduation requirements. For additional information about studying abroad during the semester prior to graduation, contact: Mr. Dale Williamson, Registrar’s Office: Crites Hall 140. Phone: 308-432-6221. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.