Dress for Success - General Guidelines
- Select apparel, fragrances, jewelry, hairstyle, etc. that do not detract from your professional image. The interviewer's attention should be focused on what you say and your qualifications.
- Make sure your hair is clean, neat and professionally styled. Avoid styles that covers over more than your forehead or one that you have to brush back.
- Remove facial and body piercings other than single ear jewelry for interviews.
- Visible tattoos should be covered to avoid distraction.
- Apparel should be clean and neatly pressed.
- Apparel should fit well and remain in place while sitting and/or walking.
- Choose professional apparel that you like for which you receive positive feedback from people who are knowledgeable about the industry standard or specific company policy.
- Less is more. Keep your look simple and successful until you become accustomed to the environment and learn about the company's dress code.