Career & Academic Planning Services
What Can I Do With This Major?
Students: Build a solid foundation for your future!
- STUDYING materials such as the Chadron State College catalog, Educational Planning Guide, Advising 101 for Students booklet, Job Choices magazines and career/major books are available in our Resource Library to help students acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities they need to reach their goals for the future.
- TEACHING tools are available in the office of the Student Academic Success Services (SASS) Director on the 1st floor of Crites Hall to help students decide on a major or for which jobs they may be best suited or qualified. Materials such as Self-Directed Search packets, and a software program entitled What Can I Do With This Major? have been found to be helpful and informative to the students.
- UNDECLARED students will be encouraged to network with faculty, visit about their semester, and receive advice on their career and major choice by coming to the Academic Advising Center on the 1st floor of Crites Hall.
- DECISION-MAKING skills can be honed by attending periodic workshops offered by SASS, such as team building, communication skills, resume writing, time management, test-taking, study skills, interviewing, and job search strategies. Watch the Pipeline announcements, the CSC web page, and flyers on campus for workshop scheduling.
- EXPLORATION is the key to determining the educational goals of students. First Year Seminar is a course designed to assist students in obtaining academic skills and knowledge necessary to reach their educational objective. This course is recommended for all new students and others who may benefit. Whether students have already chosen a career path or are uncertain where they are headed, First Year Seminar will expose them to a wide range of majors and careers to help them discover and define their interests and abilities. First Year Seminar will give students "positive direction" toward their future.
- NETWORKING in many areas of the CSC campus is vital to students' successful college development. Conferring with their Advisor, as well as visiting with the Director of Student Academic Success Services will guide students and aid them in becoming familiar with the necessary steps needed to achieve success.
- TREASURE the many benefits and helpful tools available to students here on campus. The staff of Student Academic Success Services is always willing to assist and offer suggestions to students when any questions or concerns they have arise.
- STUDENTS can receive personal and confidential Career Counseling and Major Exploration Services, which enable them to assess their interests, values and abilities to determine how this discovery will relate to the working world. The SASS staff will assist students in the areas of investigating options, learning more about themselves and their potential, and gathering information in order to make decisions about their future.
We are here to help!
Crites Hall First Floor