Referrals are provided by CSC faculty and staff through an online submission to the Behavior Intervention Team.
The team meets weekly to conduct assessments of Referral Forms and Student Incident Reports and determine appropriate actions. Assessment may include confirming referral details of incident reports, clarifying details, and interviewing involved individual(s). Follow-up reports and actions are also reviewed.
BIT response(s), which may include:
- Facilitating meeting between related parties
- Referring student to CSC or community resources
- Mandating student participation in CSC or community resources
- Contacting parents, roommates, friends, faculty, coaches, etc (all when legally permitted according to FERPA)
- Establishing a behavioral contract with student
- Involuntary/Voluntary removal from housing and/or institution
Follow-up actions may include:
- Coordinating support services for a student
- Confirming continuity of assistance
- Hold follow-up meeting with student